Thursday, April 7, 2011

The Deepest Waters

Deepest WatersThe Deepest Waters
Written by Dan Walsh
Published by Revell

About the Book

For John and Laura Foster, what began as a fairytale honeymoon in 1857 aboard the steamship SS Vandervere soon becomes a nightmare. A terrible hurricane strikes and the grand ship is lost in the murky depths of the Atlantic. Laura finds herself rescued with the other women and children, but how can she feel anything but despondent without her groom? Suspecting her John is gone but still daring to hope for a miracle, Laura must face the possibility of life alone.

Talented author Dan Walsh skillfully tells an epic story of hope, faith, and love through an intimate lens. Inspired by real events, this emotional and honest story will capture your heart as you sail through its pages.

Who is Dan Walsh?

Dan Walsh is the award-winning author of The Unfinished Gift, The Homecoming, and The Deepest Waters. A member of American Christian Fiction Writers, Dan served as a pastor for 25 years. He lives with his family in the Daytona Beach area, where he's busy researching and writing his next novel.

My Thoughts

I’ll be honest, I am trying not to take too many books these days because I have some that I want to read since like forever.   But when I saw that Dan Walsh has released a new novel, I just couldn’t resist.   I have read his two previous books (The Unfinished Gift and The Homecoming) and enjoyed them so much.   I also wanted to see how he would write a novel that is not linked to Christmas like his previous two.

After reading The Deepest Waters, I can honestly say that I have discovered an author that knows how to keep me immerged in the stories he writes.  Dan Walsh has definitively caught my attention from the first page of the book and kept it attached to the story throughout the novel.      Personally I like the simplicity of his writings and the research attached to the story.   When you finish the story he takes the time to tell you how he had the idea of the story and what research was done for it.   Even though this is a fiction and no real characters ever existed, the story itself is base don real historical events and Dan Walsh gives the details at the end of the book.

I also liked the fact that I was brought back and forth between two characters and how they went through the events separating them throughout the book.    The story is well written and will grab you from page one.  Part of me almost hope that Dan Walsh will bring back the main characters for another enjoying story in the future but at the same time I also hope that he will explore other historical events and write more fictions based on them. 

Dan Walsh is also planning a new novel to be released in Fall 2011.  Titled Unwrapping Christmas I am hoping I will re-discover the characters I have learned to love in The Unfinished Gift and The Homecoming but I am open to anything he will write as I love his style.

The Deepest Waters is available at your favourite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group, even amazon.ca has it!

Disclaimer:  This review was possible because the book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.   I was not monetarily compensated for this review. Please note that the review was not influenced by the Sponsor in any way.  All opinions expressed here are only my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment