Friday, June 24, 2011

S.H.M.I.L.Y Challenge Day 24–His Talk

Ah….  The power of the tongue.  Words can lift someone up or bring him/her down.

Our words can justify or condemn us (Matthew12:37).  They can bring us joy (Proverbs 15:23), or corrupt and dishonor us (Matthew 15:11).  What we say can either build up or break down the soul of whomever we are speaking to (Proverbs 15:4).  The consequences of what we speak are so great that our words can lead us to ruin or save our lives (Proverbs 13:3).

Lord, I pray Your Holy Spirit would guard my husband’s mouth so that he will speak only words that edify and bring life to people around him.  Help him to be disciplined enough to keep his conversation godly.  fill him with Your love so that out of his heart will come words that build up people around him.  Work it in my heart also.  

May the words we both speak be words of affirmation toward each other and toward our children.  Help us to be respectful, speak words that encourage, share our feelings openly and be able to have a mutual agreement.  Amen.

Psalm 19:14

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Tomorrow the chapter is about His Repentance.

No comments:

Post a Comment