Monday, February 6, 2012

Build-A-Bear Workshop Milestones!

2-6-2012 10-25-13 AM

 

You’ve seen the stores in malls.  You have seen the loving bears and other stuffed creatures staring at you through the windows.   But did you experience Build-A-Bear with your son or daughter?   I never did.   I would love to bring my youngest child and see her make her own best friend but it has not been possible so far.    Once of these days I hope to discover the magic behind the Build-A-Bear Workshop stores.

Did you know that in 2012, Build-A-Bear Workshop will celebrate two major milestones.

The first milestone is their 15th birthday!

On October 27, 1997, the company officially its doors in St. Louis Galleria.   Since that day, it has grown to become a global brand throughout the world.   It is also recognized as a company with heart.

The second milestone is the celebration of selling their 100 millionth furry friend!  One hundred Million furry friends in numerous household around the planet.   Impressive! I think it would be interesting to bring all these furry friends together in one place to have a family picture…  *grin*

Consequently, in honor of their birthday and helping create 100 million best friends, Build-A-Bear Workshop wants to spread the word that Friends Count!1398

I find that friends – whether they are furry or human – are important in life.   Friends can help you go through a though time, support you, encourage you, listen to you.   Usually friends do not judge you and will be there for you.   Friends will also laugh with you, do silly things with you, have lunch with you and bring the best out of you.

Having friends help anyone to develop an emotional health.    Friends – as well as family – will help you build the base of what a strong relationship is.    True friends will stand by you no matter what.

At this point in time in my life, I would say that my best friend is definitively my husband.  Together, we face whatever happens in our lives whether it is personal or business related.   We know that we can count on each other and support each other no matter what.   He is my encourager and my cheerleader.   He push me to give my best in everything I do.   He also helps me when things are just to overwhelming.    I have the perfect example for this.   About two week ago, my daughter who is 4 years old, woke up at 1115pm and was crying.   I got up as this is not an usual pattern for her.    So I went to check and I quickly realized that she had been sick.   I mean more than usual.   It was everywhere on her, the bed, the floor (which is carpeted by the way).   The poor pumpkin had had a rough time.    But seeing how huge the mess was made me feel overwhelmed.    Now usually I wouldn’t wake my husband because I know that once asleep he would have a hard time to fall back to dreamland.   But it was just too much.   He came and helped.   Actually he took care of the carpet while I took care of the girl and the bed…   We even washed the carpet with our special carpet cleaner.    It needed it… both for the stain and the smell.   So when we tugged our daughter back to bed at 1145pm the room was fresh…   I thanked him that night and the day after for helping me.   Doing it together took less time than if I would have done it alone.    He said he was glad I woke him up.  

I definitively would not be as strong if I was alone.    After all, two are better than one.

2-6-2012 10-24-38 AM

Disclaimer: I was not monetarily compensated for this post. By publishing this post, I was entered to win a gift card as part of a promotional offer from MomSelect and Build-A-Bear Workshop. Please note that the post was not influenced by the Sponsor in any way. All opinions expressed here are only my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment