Friday, June 15, 2012

Keurig Elite Brewing System

On my birthday this year, my husband surprise me with a Keurig MINI Plus Brewing System.  He thought that this could help me to be more patient when I lacked sleep sometimes and still had to  homeschool the kids.  

It worked but we quickly realized that this model was not the best one for us.   We had issues with the water system in it so we decided to return it and purchase a bigger model – the Keurig Elite Brewing System!

About the Keurig Elite Brewing SystemKRG-LG-B40

Always ready when you are, this single-cup home brewing system is ideal for that early morning cup or for when you are relaxing with family and friends. Includes a bonus 12 count K-Cup® variety box.

The Elite brewing system brews a perfect cup of coffee, tea or hot cocoa or iced beverage in under one minute at the touch of a button. With the choice of two cup sizes, the Elite brewer offers a removable drip tray to accommodate travel mugs.

  • Automatic
  • Choice of 2 cup sizes: 240 ml et 300 ml (8 oz et 10 oz)
  • Removable 1,42 L (48 oz) water reservoir
  • Quiet-Brew Technology®
  • Energy Savings Mode – Auto Off

My Thoughts

I have been debating for quite some time if I should get one of these.   My husband thought it would be ridiculous to get one since I only drink coffee occasionally.    But he surprised me for my 43rd birthday and got me one.    And since then I wouldn’t think of not having one in the house.   It is so easy to use that even my oldest can prepare my coffee if I ask him.

This particular model has a water reservoir of 48 oz which will last for a few cups of coffee.   You can have two different size of coffee as well depending if you want a small cup or a bigger one.

The kids also gave me a box of K-cups as well as a use-regular-coffee K-cup tool.    I usually alternate between a few regular coffee and using a K-cup.  That way I can savor different kind of coffee depending of my mood.   Since I received this marvelous machine, I also purchased a K-cup drawer to hold some of my flavours.

For the purpose of this review, I received two boxes of K-Cups.  One is a coffee flavour and the other one is to make my own iced tea.   I really like the iced-tea idea and every once in a while I make one.    The sweetness of the tea as well as the ice cubes in my mug makes it a refreshing drink to take on a warm day.

Since I received these, I realized that another flavour of iced-tea has come up in stores as well as an iced-coffee.   I am eyeing these every time I go to Wal-Mart and hope to be able to try them before the end of the summer.   The iced-tea I am considering has a lemonade flavour and the iced-coffee would be a different way to stay awake when I have one of these night where I wake up and have trouble going back to sleep.

If you are considering getting a Keurig, I highly recommend it.    I really love it’s design and the flexibility in having a different coffee.   I also appreciate the fact that there is a tool that will allow you to use your own coffee.    I also use the tool to put tea or herbal tea that I have in stock.  The way the machine brews the coffee or tea is fabulous and will bring out all the flavour in your cup.

Honestly I never thought that I would appreciate having one of these in my home.   I am an occasional coffee drinker but this machine is a must-have in any household.   Last month, I even had my father-in-law try out one of the coffee and he really enjoyed it.   

My only disappointment is that I don’t have space in our RV so I can bring my Keurig with us when we go on a long trip.   I wish I had more countertop to bring it with us….   But it was a pleasure to re-discover it when I got back from a month away from home last week.   

Disclaimer: Thanks to Gear Communications for sending me two K-cups boxes in exchange of a review for Keurig. I was not monetarily compensated for this review. Please note that the review was not influenced by the Sponsor in any way. All opinions expressed here are only my own.

1 comment:

  1. We were recently gifted a Keurig as well... and, it is lovely! We use the k-cups, as well as the My K-Cup... we find it works really well! And, it saves money. :)
    Happy "Keuriging", Isabelle! :)

    ReplyDelete