Friday, December 18, 2009

Primal - A Quest for the Lost Soul of Christianity


Primal – A Quest for the Lost Soul of Christianity
Written by Mark Batterson
Published at Waterbrook

About the book
Our generation needs a reformation.
But a single person won’t lead it.
A single event won’t define it.

Our reformation will be a movement of reformers living creatively, compassionately, courageously for the cause of Christ.

This reformation will not be born of a new discovery. It will be the rediscovery of something old, something ancient.

Something primal.

—Mark Batterson, Primal

What would your Christianity look like if it was stripped down to the simplest, rawest, purest faith possible? You would have more, not less. You would have the beginning of a new reformation—in your generation, your church, your own soul. You would have primal Christianity.

This book is an invitation to become part of a reformation movement. It is an invitation to rediscover the compassion, wonder, curiosity, and energy that turned the world upside down two thousand years ago. It is an invitation to be astonished again.

Who is Mark Batterson?
The author of Wild Goose Chase and In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day, Mark Batterson serves as lead pastor of National Community Church in Washington, D.C. One church with nine services in five locations, NCC is focused on reaching emerging generations and meets in movie theaters at metro stops throughout the D.C. area. Mark has two Masters degrees from Trinity Evangelical Divinity School in Chicago. He and his wife, Lora, live on Capitol Hill with their three children. http://www.markbatterson.com/

My Thoughts
I have never read any book from Mark Batterson. But I can tell you this now – I am curious about his two previous books. Primal touched me so much that I want to read Wild Goose Chase and In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day.

The author of the book is planting a seed that might revolutionalize the way Christians act, live and think. Throughout the book, Batterson is encouraging you to pursue God in creativity, knowledge, revelation and wonder.

We were created to be curious, to become instruments to God’s hands and to explore. Why then many Christians get bored in church, don’t take the time to see God around them and refuse to educate their mind on Him and His creation? I wonder.

I want to become more like Leonardo da Vinci and have a curious and creative mind. I want to bring the ideas that God has planted in my head to reality. I want to live for Him. I want to discover God over and over again throughout the rest of my life as if it is the first time I discover Him. I want to be part of a revolution that will touch the rest of the world! How about you?

If there was only one book you could or would read in 2010, I strongly suggest that you consider Primal – A Quest for the Lost Soul of Christianity. I will change you when you are suspecting it.

***************************
This review was possible because I received a copy of Primal from Waterbrook in exchange of my thoughts about it.
***************************
Primal will available everywhere on Dec 22nd even at amazon.ca and indigo.ca.

1 comment:

  1. I am so adding this to my wish list! You'd better stop reviewing books, my list is getting awfully long. ;)

    ReplyDelete