Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Intercessors Arise

IntercessorsArise Intercessors Arise
Written by Debbie Przybylski
Published at NavPress

About the book

Intercessory prayer connects God’s power with the needs around us. This type of prayer needs to be cultivated with passion and discipline.

Using teachings that build on each preceding concept, author Debbie Przybylski shares how to expectantly and purposefully wait on God and identifies the obstacles that keep us from drawing close to His heart.

Who is Debbie Przybylski?

Debbie Przybylski is the founder and director of Intercessors Arise International, a part of the ministry of the Elijah Company, Inc. Her background in missions includes over twelve years of serving with Operation Mobilization, ministering to people from all over the world. Her wide range of experience includes coordinating and teaching people in evangelism from 40 nations, evangelistic and motivational speaking, and training others in intercession, 24-7 prayer, leadership, and in the skills needed for living and relating cross-culturally.

Visit Intercessors Arise - founded by Debbie.

My Thoughts

It took me a while to pick up this book and read it.  Why?  I am not exactly sure but when I was ready, I remembered this book and grabbed it.

I wonder now why I waited so long to read it.  Perhaps I wasn’t ready just yet.   My heart needed to have some healing to be done before I enjoy this book.   But the healing process is complete and now I can savor what is written in the book, ponder on it and take action.

And I am currently taking action on a daily basis.   My intercession is personal since it is family linked.   But my greatest desire would be to have my mom with me in Heaven one day.   And reading this book made me realized that I had not prayed enough about – sort of giving up on this hope I had.   But the book rekindled the hope and my trust that God can do amazing thing.   So now after I wrote my thanks from the previous day, I make sure I pray for my mom in my journal. 

My prayers have changed as well.  I am more specific, more particular in my prayers for her.    And our phone conversations are better these days.    We had a rough time in the past few years.  I am hoping to restore our relationship as well as having her in God’s family for eternity.

The book also made me realize that prayer is important for anything, anyone and anywhere.   It gave me a new perspective of the important of praying for our leaders, nation and the world.  

If you find that your prayer life sucks (sorry if I am offending you with this word but I think it pictures well what I mean) and  you don’t see God on the move around you, your loved ones and elsewhere in the world, I strongly recommend that you pick up this book and read it.   The Spirit will stir you in ways you won’t expect.  Believe me.  I am a proof of that!

This review was possible because I received a copy of Intercessors Arise from NavPress.

Intercessors Arise is available everywhere even at amazon.ca.

No comments:

Post a Comment