Friday, August 20, 2010

A+D Diaper Rash Prevention and Treatment

image

Ah!  Babies.   The smells good most of the time.   But when they don’t it means you need to change their diapers…   Sometimes though you realize that their skin is red and hurt them.   Oh uh!  Let’s face it, diaper rash is part of life when you have a baby.   image

I remember one of my kids in particularly.   When Dominic was teething, his #2 job was so acidic that it could burn off the first layer of skin.   Literally!   I am not kidding.   The poor little guy was bleeding from it.   And it hurt.   Believe me because he cried when I changed him.    I took the habit to change him immediately and put a generous coat (like a thick coat of white on his bum) of cream.    Diaper Rash cream is very handy.   I had a container in the room, in the living room and in the diaper bag.  

For new Canadians moms and dads out there, a new product is on the market.   Actually make that two new products.   The A+D® line-up consists of an assortment of diaper rash products: one line for everyday prevention (A+D® Diaper Rash Ointment) and one for the treatment of diaper rash, if it occurs (A+D® Diaper Rash Cream). 

imageThe A+D® Diaper Rash Ointment, offered in 3 convenient sizes (42g, 113g and 454g), contains a special combination of active ingredients lanolin and petrolatum which help prevent diaper rash every day and is also enriched with moisturizing vitamins A and D. When used daily, the ointment creates a protective barrier between baby's skin and diaper moisture that can cause diaper irritations.

image

The A+D® Diaper Rash Cream, offered in one convenient size (113g), is formulated with zinc oxide and dimethicone to provide effective relief if diaper rash does occur. Enriched with moisturizing vitamins A and D and soothing Aloe Vera, the A+D® Diaper Rash Cream is a welcome addition to a new mother's baby care toolbox. Both A+D® Diaper Rash Ointment and Cream are dermatologist tested.

I think these two products are wonderful.   The fact that vitamins are included in these will help the healing process if your little one does develop the diaper rash.   I do not wish any baby to go through what my Dominic went through.    Not all my kids had the same reaction to teething but he was definitively the worst one of the four.   In case you are wondering, he is fine now….   *grin*

Good news!  A FREE 2$ off Coupon is available on the website! Go to http://www.aplusd.ca/en/.

For more information on the products, please visit the new Canadian website at www.aplusd.ca.

This review was possible because I received two full two full size diaper cream products to check out from Mom Central Canada. 

PS I’ve decided to bless my neighbour with the two full size diaper cream products.   They had a baby boy earlier this year and will need it more than me.  

1 comment:

  1. I have used A and D diaper ointment a good bit throughout the years, and it is a good product.

    Also, please check my blog to see what award I have given you!: http://homeschoolblogger.com/alifebetterthanidese/783522/

    ReplyDelete