Friday, August 13, 2010

TOS Homeschool Planner

10PLNR_cover250x315_tilt-left It’s August and we are at the first meeting of the homeschool association in town.    Every month, homeschoolers from around the city meet in the basement of the church on Learning Blvd. to encourage each other and learn from each other.
  
Meet Marie a seasoned homeschooler, mother of six who has been homeschooling for 20 years.    She is chatting with Charlotte a young mom of two kids who has been homeschooling for 2 years.    Let’s listen in to their conversation.

Marie: Hi Charlotte.  How was your summer?
  
Charlotte:  We had a blast relaxing after our busy school year.    We went camping a lot and the boys loved fishing with their dad.  

Marie:  Sounds fun!   Are you prepare to face a new year with them?

Charlotte: That’s my problem.   I feel ill-equipped in this area.    I need more structure especially with both of them now in learning mode.    I find I can’t keep track of every activity we do not to mention that I always forget some of the learning experiences we did during the year.    To be honest, I am quite stressed about it because I know it is important to track what they do and learn.   I am so discouraged right now, I don’t know what to do.

Marie: Mmmm!   I know the feeling.  I went through this as well.   I found a great tool to help me.

Charlotte: Really?   What is it?   Does it cost lots of money?   Where can I get it?   How do you use it?

Marie: My goodness….  you are full of question aren’t you. 

Charlotte: As  you can see, I am desperate.   Anything  you can share with me would be an great help.   After all, you have been homeschooling for a long time and you are a great mentor.

Marie:  Well thank you.    Do you know about The Old Schoolhouse Magazine?

Charlotte: Yes I’ve  heard about it.  Why?

Marie: Well, they also produce various pdf documents which can be an a great help for homeschoolers.   A few years ago, they offered their first TOS Schoolhouse Planner to help homeschoolers get more organized.   This was such a hit among homeschoolers that every year they perfect it and release a new edition.   This year the TOS 2010 Schoolhouse Planner has even more forms to use for the homeschool and for home.

Charlotte: Really?   For home as well.   WOW!  Sounds like it is complete.

Marie: It is.   You can keep track of what they learn, the books they read, the experiments they do, the field trips, and much more.   The 2010 Schoolhouse Planner also has a series of articles that you can read for encouragement, fun information about various subjects as well as recipes every month.

Charlotte:  Recipes?  Well that could solve my problem of finding new recipes to tryout.   We are kind of tired of always eating the same thing.   

Marie: I’m telling you Charlotte, it is worth it.    Simply go to The OldSchoolhouse Magazine website and get it.  It is only 39$ with over 614 pages you have lots of options for organizing your homeschool and your home.  

Charlotte: It definetively sounds like something I would need.   Thanks for sharing that with me.   Are you going to the field trip next month?

Marie: Yes we are.   Oh it is about to start.  How about we go sit down and listen to the panel tonight?   I have a feeling that we are both going to learn interesting information tonight.

Charlotte:  I’m following you.   I am always energized when I come out of these meetings.


image003

Sounds like Marie has shared a wonderful products with Charlotte don’t you think.   But are you wondering how Charlotte will use this TOS 2010 Schoolhouse Planner?   Let’s fast forward a month later when the two bumped into each other during the field trip at Upper SmithVillage.

Charlotte:  Marie!   Marie!   Wait up a minute.

Marie:   Oh hi Charlotte.  How is it going?

Charlotte:   Wonderful!   I wanted to thank you again for taking the time to encourage me to check out the 2010 Schoolhouse Planner at the last meeting.    I bought it that very night when I got home.   You were right, it is an absolute time saver!    I mean only 39$ for so many forms and encouragement!   WOW!    I’m super excited and it reduced my stress a lot.   Now I can enjoy homeschooling without worrying about how to track our progress.   Everything is in one binder and the boys even help me to keep it up-to-date.    It is simply wonderful.    I don’t know how I lived without it.    The 2010 Schoolhouse Planner has become a life saver for me!

Marie:   I am glad to hear this.    Have you tried the budget planner?

Charlotte: Yes I did.   With this hard year we just went through it is much easier to know where the money goes and how much I can splurge on homeschool material.    I also set up a chores planner so that every one in the family can be participating in taking care of something in the house.   This makes life so much easier in our house.  The boys now set up the table and empty the dishwasher without complains.   

Marie:   I’m glad you like it.    It is a life saver for me too even though I am a seasoned homeschooler.

Charlotte:   I am so grateful that you told me about it.   I am already planning to get the new edition when it comes out next year.  The articles I am reading are so wonderful and informative.
 
Marie:   Yes I agree.   Charlotte, how about we have lunch in the park at noon?   We can talk more while the kids play in the field.

Charlotte:   Sounds like a great idea.   The boys want to go to the Mill now, see you later Marie.

Marie:  Okay.   My kids want to go see the broom maker.    See you at noon.


image004

Isn't it wonderful?  Sounds like the TOS 2010 Schoolhouse Planner was a hit in Charlotte’s household.    It is packed with a variety of forms and planners as well as articles and fun facts to read throughout the year.    Did I picked your curiosity?   Thinking you would need it for your own homeschool?  It is currently available at The OldSchoolhouse Store for the price of 39$.   Simply go to http://thehomeschoolmagazine.com/TOSEBookSellSheets/Modules/10Planner/10Planner.htm  to purchase it and let the 2010 Schoolhouse Planner help you organize your homeschool and your home!  

Disclaimer:  I am independent contractor for TOS (as member of the TOS Homeschool Crew).  I have used the product mentioned in this post.  This post is a sell sheet for the 2010 Schoolhouse Planner.   I created the above ad as an official entry in the 2010 Schoolhouse Planner Ad Contest.

No comments:

Post a Comment