Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Nab-It!

3EF7AB8819B9F36910A82968A2027045About the Product

Getting the most words gives you the "last word" in this fun family game! Word-building game challenges you to link your colored tiles to create words crossword-style and then steal words from your opponents by stacking your tiles on top of theirs. When all the tiles have been used, count up the words showing -- if you've got the most, you win!

Includes 100 two-sided letter tiles, 4 gray bank tiles, 4 letter bags and rules.  For 2 to 4 players. Ages 8 and up.

My Thoughts

When I opened the box of Nab-It I didn’t know what to expect.   Right on the box you can read “From the makers of Scrabble”.   That means a lot and honestly I wasn’t sure if they could create another fun game about words.

Part puzzle, part word game, this fun and challenging game will help youA83F698119B9F369102F3E44A301622B expand your vocabulary.   And coming from an homeschooler this means a lot.   I find this game to be an interesting investment for homeschooling families.   Not only your kids will play with words but the whole family can have fun together doing so!

I was immediately impressed with the quality of the bags and the tiles included in the box.   You can chose to link the letters or stack them to “steal” someone else word.  

To start the game it is a little bit like Scrabble and you need to pick 5 letters from your bag.   Each bag has its own set of letters in the same color.  You create words and you collect points by nabbing the words of your opponents.   You are even allowed to exchange tiles…  A dictionary can be used if someone challenge your word.   However, some words are illegal like words that are always capitalized, words that use an hyphen or apostrophe, abbreviations and symbols, prefixes and suffixes that cannot stand alone, and foreign words that don’t appear in the dictionary.

I am surprised at the game.  I think it will become quite popular when the lovers of Scrabble discover it.    It could be an easy game to bring along on vacation as well.   You just have to be careful not to loose any tiles…

Honestly, I give my two thumbs up for Nab-It!   I suspect fun time with my kids playing with this.     I also know that my brother-in-law and his wife would love to discover this game since they are into word games.  

You can get Nab-It! at any toy store.    Look for the orange box in the board game section!

Disclaimer: Thanks to Hasbro Canada for sending me the featured product for review purpose. I was not monetarily compensated for this review. Please note that the review was not influenced by the Sponsor in any way. All opinions expressed here are only my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment