Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Recipient of the Mom Central Canada Blogger Grant Program

Earlier this morning. I was checking my emails before lunch when I received an email from Mom Central Canada.

Back in the Fall, I had received an email from them mentioning their new Blogger Grant Program and I decided to apply on it.

During the Christmas Holidays, an email from Mom Central Canada mentioned that the first winners of the grant program had been selected and that an email would be sent to them in the following days to inform them that they have been selected.

Part of me was hoping to get selected but I had not received any email so far so I assumed that I wasn’t part of the ones selected.

Life was still going on and for us it means homeschooling.   So when January 3rd arrived we continued where we had left off before (and a bit during) Christmas.  

Today is our swimming lessons in the afternoon.  My morning is quite busy in making sure the two younger ones take a nap so that they are rested for the swimming lesson as well as teaching the older kids about the Human Body.

So imagine my surprise to received the following email before lunch…

Hi Isabelle,
This January, ten Canadian bloggers have been selected to receive a Mom Central Blogger Grant as part of our commitment to encouraging and supporting the creative, thoughtful, helpful and dedicated members of the Canadian blogging community. Thank you for submitting your idea for a blog post that will help make the lives of busy Moms and their families better. I’m excited to share that you’ve been selected as one of the first recipients of 2011 for a $250 Mom Central Canada Blogger Grant.  Our team of judges had a very tough job of selecting the top 10 entries but yours stood out in terms of creativity and thoughtfulness.  
We’ll be using Paypal to send you the $250 for the Grant.  Please provide the best email address for us to send the funds to. We’d love to share your post with rest of our online community, so once your post is up, feel free to send us a link!  I’ve attached a button that you can post on your site if you like – don’t feel bad about braggin’ just a little  ;)  
Special thanks to our Blogger Grants judges – Catherine Jackson, VP of Communications at General Mills Canada and Ron Tite, Creative Director at Sharpe Blackmore Euro RSCG.
Just a reminder that this year we’ll be giving away $10,000 in Blogger Grants! You may apply for the next round of Grants starting in February.  You’ll see an email from us, so keep your eyes peeled.  
Congratulations!
Kathryn
PS.  I’ve pasted your entry below.  
--
Kathryn
Managing Director, Mom Central

I just couldn’t believe my eyes!   Like my 2nd son would say with a serious face “I can’t believe my eyeballs!”  *grin*

I mean I totally wasn’t expecting it.   See the nice logo they have sent me at the bottom of this post.   You can be sure I will post it on my blog!

Now I need to sit down and write my post.  Not this afternoon though as we have swimming lessons…   Wondering what the subject will be?   The title is RVing with Young Children.  Coming soon to a computer near you!

Recipient Button_thumb[1]

PS I’m all happy inside and all excited at the same time.   *grin*

1 comment: