Saturday, April 2, 2011

A to Z of Gratitude–Letter P

p

Papa – one of the first words we say as a child in French.

Papa is also Father or Abba when I talk to God.

The ways I connect with my Father in Heaven is through prayer, journaling, and reading my Bible.

He speaks to me while I write, while I draw, while I blog and in my dreams.

He can connect with me through people, events in my life and more.

Papa for me is more than just my earthly father who wasn’t connected to me and much present.  He was there physically but emotionally and relationship wise, he wasn’t there.

My Papa in Heaven has filled the hole I had due to the lack of relationship with my papa on earth.

I am His adopted daughter and will be forever.

Thank you Papa.   I love You.

 

Did you know that the word Abba appears only three times in the King James version?

  1. Mar 14:36 And he said, Abba, Father, all things are possible unto thee; take away this cup from me: nevertheless not what I will, but what thou wilt.
  2. Rom 8:15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
  3. Gal 4:6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.
    Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_times_does_the_word_Abba_appear_in_the_bible#ixzz1IMrfSPL7

No comments:

Post a Comment