Thursday, August 11, 2011

My Life and Lesser Catastrophes

lifeMy Life and Lesser Catastrophes – An Unflichingly Honest Journey of Faith
a memoir by Christina Schofield
Published at Chosen

About the book

Fresh, Surprising Memoir of God's Goodness in the Midst of Disaster

Just after her thirteenth wedding anniversary, Christina Schofield woke up groggy and disoriented, surrounded by nurses in a hospital. She and her husband had hit a gravel patch while on their motorcycle and crashed into a ditch. With the exception of a concussion, she was fine. But Allen had broken his neck. He was now a quadriplegic.

With her entire life flipped upside down, she began an astonishing journey of tenacious faith amid increasing doubt. Full of dark, silent hours and a woman's honest questioning of the God she thought she knew, this is also a story full of miraculous answers to prayer and head-scratching, awe-inspiring encounters with her loving Lord.

With candid warmth and transparency, Christina shows readers that even in their darkest hours, God's goodness shines through.

Who is Christina Schofield?

Christina Schofield has been a children's illustrator and writer for the last ten years, working with Zonderkidz, Group Publishing, Standard Publishing, and Cook Communications. She and her husband, Allen, a campus pastor, have one daughter, Lily, and live in Rolla, Missouri.

My Thoughts

I like real stories. No scratch that… I enjoy reading about real life events and knowing how people deal with their issues.   I find it gives perspective on how I could react and live out my faith in the midst of problems and health issues.

When I read the introduction of this book I was hooked.   I wanted to know how a mom of a toddler would go through life with her handicapped husband.   Where will she find the energy and the courage to continue?   And while I was reading I discovered a courageous woman who face the difficulties and the struggles an accident can bring in your family.   Her husband is still alive but other families are not as “lucky” as she is.  Freak accidents happens every day.   It’s how we deal with them that is important.   You can feel and sense the trust that Christina has in God.   She has her downs as anyone else would have but it doesn’t take long before she is energized again and ready to fight.

Taking care of her husband and her child is a priority and I applause her dedication to her family.    It must not be easy everyday and yet she continues to trust. 

I enjoyed reading this book and if a tragic event happens in my family one day, I hope with all my heart to have the courage of Christina.   I will trust my God everyday of my life for every aspects touching us.

My Life and Lesser Catastrophes is available at your favourite bookstore, even amazon.ca.

Disclaimer: Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and graft-Martin Communications, Inc. 

No comments:

Post a Comment