Tuesday, October 29, 2013

My Beloved and My Friend (available soon)

My-Beloved-and-My-Friend-Cover-Border1-201x300My Beloved and My Friend – How To Be Married To Your Best Friend Without Changing Spouses  (Available soon)
Written by Hal & Melanie Young
Published at Great Waters Press

About the book

When Hal was diagnosed with stage IV cancer, it was a huge comfort to us to realize that whatever happened, our sons would have what their Daddy thought it meant to be a man (Raising Real Men). Then we asked the next question, “Well, what else would we want to leave behind for our children?” and we realized we’d want our children to know how to have a terrific, Christ-centered, best friend kind of marriage just like we had – so we began to write My Beloved and My Friend.

As we’ve traveled the country speaking in the last few years, we’ve talked to so many families whose marriages were struggling or broken, even Christian, homeschool families. They needed to know…

How to fight so you both win

Why leaving and cleaving is important

How to be not just one flesh, but one wallet

How to survive and thrive in trials

And lots more!

1239923_10201868126204419_1192406723_nWho are Hal & Melanie Young?

Hi, we’re Hal & Melanie Young, authors of My Beloved and My Friend: How to Be Married to Your Best Friend Without Changing Spouses. We are authors and speakers who work hard to help make Biblical Family Life Practical. We’ve been married 27 years and have eight children who’ve been homeschooled from the beginning. Several are already adults. Our first book, Raising Real Men: Surviving, Teaching and Appreciating Boys was Christian Small Publishers Book of the Year.

My Thoughts

I have had the privilege to review a previous title from Hal and Melanie Young in the past - Raising Real Men – so when the opportunity arose for me to be able to review their latest title My Beloved and My Friend I thought it would be nice to see what were their thoughts on marriage.  

I am glad to see that our marriage in on the right track according to these authors.  We sort of embraced each other passions as we joined each other and have a fabulous relationship after fifteen years of marriage.   I’m counting the years as we approached the big anniversary.  I look forward to see what God has in store for the next ten years and more.

Now the book is a jewel in itself because I find that many marriages would need to read the words include in this book.   Actually, I seriously think that engaged couples should read it together in order to start on the right foot on their walk together.   The table of content is pretty clear on what is talk about in the book.  

TABLE OF CONTENT

  • Introduction
  • Leaving and Cleaving
  • How to be Married to Your Best Friend
  • In Sickness and in Health
  • On Submission
  • Fidelity and Loyalty are not Mutual Funds
  • The Physical Aspect
  • Children and All That
  • Money – Yours, Mine, or Ours?
  • The Division of Labor
  • The Spiritual Aspect
  • Being of One Mind
  • How to Fight so You Both Win

At this point in time in our life, we didn’t experience a lot of sickness but I have seen some couples (young and old) who had to deal with it at some point in their life together.    I personally really enjoyed the chapter on being married to your best friend because this is exactly how I feel with my husband.   To be honest, I think I am the luckiest woman in the world to have him in my life.  He is attentive, loving, loves to cook, and do small surprises every now and then.  We went through hard times together and we enjoy life as much as we can.  He was truly a gift from God when he entered my life and I am forever grateful for God in bringing him in my life.   

I am still reading the book and even though I have a wonderful relationship with my husband, I think I can still glean some wise counsel through these pages.   I am looking forward to see what they will say about money and see if our ways of dealing with our finances is similar to what they are doing…   Watch out for a more detailed review of the book in 2014 and a great giveaway that will be happening to celebrate the release of the book.

You can pre-order the book My Beloved and My Friend via the website for the price of 12$ on pre-order.

Bow of Bronze Launch Team Disclaimer Graphic

No comments:

Post a Comment