Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Devotions in 2015 - Blessings All Mine

imageBlessings All Mine with 10,000 Besides!
Written by Frederick L. Kosin
Published at ECS Ministries

About the book

‘Blessings All Mine . . .’ is a collection of daily devotionals that point out specific blessings given to all believers when they trust Christ as Savior. These insightful meditations focus on the person and work of Christ, as well as the inventory of resources He has generously lavished on all believers.

In this book you will discover and understand a multitude of blessing for your enjoyment. You will also be encouraged to employ them for God’s glory and the blessing of others. The life-changing message of the Scriptures brings Christ into proper perspective as your source and center of behavior.

These daily meditations are a must-read for all believers committed to spiritual growth. If you want to challenge and refine your focus on Christ, this book is for you.

Who is Fred Kosin?

Since 1966, Fred and Jenny Kosin have served the Lord in a church-planting ministry. During the past 20 years they have traveled to over 85 countries, “Serving missionaries around the world” and teaching God’s Word to the body of Christ.

Fred is a graduate of Emmaus Bible College and author of the book Letters Missionaries Never Write. Fred and Jenny make their home in Darlington, SC, and have three grown sons and nine grandchildren.

My Thoughts

I started this specific book in mid-September and I have been blessings so many times by the readings I have done during the rest of the year 2014.  Today was not different from the previous days.   I have learned that blessings comes from God (yes I knew this) and that ultimately we need to appropriate them because Christ is in us.    To do so, we need to take the responsibility to get to know Him.  Which in other means that it is a daily activity to do and the only way to do so would be to read the Scripture, memorize it and ponder on it.

My goal for 2015 is definitively to continue to develop my relationship with Christ on a daily basis, reading these devotions and gleaning as much as I can.    I find these devotions to be pack with wisdom and very “meaty” for my soul.   I discovered this past year that seeker friendly sermons were not enough for me.  I need more depth and challenges in my own spiritual life in order to grow and be more like Christ.  So slowly podcasts are entering my life like the Phil Vischer podcast or the ones from Timothy Keller who is a pastor of Redeemer Presbyterian Church in NY City (Found under the name of the church).   I am also challenged to grow through this book of devotions.

If there is one devotions book that you are looking for the new year, I would strongly suggest that you check out Blessings All Mine With 10,000 Besides! as I find that it is well written and challenging.  If you are looking for self-help – stay away from this book.  But if you are looking for spiritual grow in your own life, this book will provide the teachings you are searching for.  

The book is also available in Spanish.

Blessings All Mine is available for purchase on amazon.ca and amazon.com.

  

It is also available for the Kindle and Kindle app

  

Disclaimer: I purchased this book. I was not monetarily compensated for this review. Please note that the review was not influenced by the author in any way. All opinions expressed here are only my own.

1 comment:

  1. What you're saying is completely true. I know that everybody must say the same thing, but I just think that you put it in a way that everyone can understand. I'm sure you'll reach so many people with what you've got to say.

    ReplyDelete