Saturday, April 1, 2017

Sennheiser HD1

From what I have heard the Sennheiser headphone is synonym of high quality.   This time around I have received their new in-ear wireless headphone – the HD1.  This headphone is designed to allow you to move freely while exercising or simply moving at home or at work.  Its design is very out of the ordinary since it has a neckband is made of leather and provide comfort – as a matter of fact you barely notice it.   Also when calls are coming in, it will vibrate in order to let you know about them.

IMG_8926  IMG_8927

The headphone possesses bluetooth technology as well as NFC One Touch Pairing which makes pairing it with your device very easy to do.    In a matter of seconds, my iPad was paired with the headphones and I was able to use them.

Now the first thing you will have to do obviously before using the headphone will be to charge them.  And note that the charging part is located at the end of one of the sides of the neckband.  But careful as I find this part a bit fragile.  I was expecting that this would take a few hours after realizing that once charged the battery will last for 10 hours.   But after checking the quick guide provided in the box, I learned that the charging time would be about 1.5 hour only.   By the way the quick guide is mostly images which illustrate how to use the headset but I can say that this guide is quite easy to understand.   However, if you desire to obtain instruction manuals and product support, you are encouraged to go directly the the Sennheiser website

IMG_8929

The neckband also has control buttons on one site which will allow you to power the headphones, play or pause the music, control the volume as well as a speech mic when answering your phone calls.   The Sennheiser Captune app is also available for more functions. 

I first used the headphones to watch an episode of a show on Netflix.  The quality of the sound was amazing.   Then I also tried it for listening music and it was once again perfect.   Now this kind of headphone will not kill the noise around you so if someone come to talk to you it will be pretty clear.     However, there is a distance limit in the range of the sound to reach you.  Let me explain.    I was listening to music and left my ipad on the half-wall which we have between the living room and the hall-way.   Every thing was fine when I was in the kitchen or dining room.  But at some point since I was preparing supper, I went in the garage (which is at the other end of the house) in order to get something in our freezer and the sound was breaking up.   I was there for less than a minute but I was able to realize that distance can be an issue.   So be aware of that…

The box contain: the HD1 in-ear wireless headset, an USB  charging cable (not plug though), an ear adapter set coming in XS, S, M, and L, as well as a carry case that is very stylish.

Technical Data

  • Frequency response: 15-22,000 Hz
  • Sounds pressure level: 112 dB (1Hz/ 0dBFS)
  • Total Harmonic Distortion: <0.5% *ikHz, 100dB)
  • Supported Codec: SBC, AAC, aptX
  • Battery Type: Lithium-ion polymer

If you are looking for a headphone that will allow you flexibility in movement as well as high quality sound, I think that the Sennheiser HD1 will be a great fit for you.   It is light, portable and will allow you to move freely without having the cord in the way.   You can even leave your phone on a desk while walking or exercising.   I am very satisfied with it and would recommend it to anyone.  It can make a great gift for a teenager as well.

The Sennheiser HD1IEBT Black Wireless in ear headphones is available at your favorite store, even on amazon.ca and amazon.com.

 

Disclaimer: This product has been provided courtesy of Amazon.ca Vine Voices for review purpose. I was not monetarily compensated for this review. Please note that the review was not influenced by Amazon.ca or the Sponsor in any way. All opinions expressed here are only my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment